Deb's

Sunday, January 29, 2006




Wedding Planner


It started last year when Stella asked me to help her with her weddings. It was a short notice but it was done. There was not too much work and it was fun. One hiccups on the wedding was my own dress. As a maid of honor, I did not have my dress until one hour before the wedding! I was panic when I realized that I did not pick up my dress from alteration. Only with prayers of my wonderful friends, and the merciful God answering the prayers, I got the dress just in time before the photo shot! Phuiiiihhhh................. PTL..

Then a few months later there another best friend of mine got married. Again, Dafne asked me to be the wedding coordinator and the maid of honor at the same time. I was all out for this wedding. Spending a lot of hours in preparation with Dafne and Carlos was unforgetable. I was fortunate to have another sweet and fun good friend to help me. Thanks, Larie!

I discovered that I had fun in planning and organizing wedding. It was a lot of detailed work, a lot of hours of meetings and a lot of fun to see my friens were happy in their wedding day. It's all voluntary work.

Three months later, I had a another friend who asked my help with her wedding plan. This time it is another outdoor wedding ceremony and an indoor reception in Camp Cedar Falls. Working together with Erdal, was very filling, because she fed me with lots of good meals.

I also discovered that wedding planning is like teaching a classroom. As each year you have new students with their unique personalities , each wedding you have bride and groom-to-be with their unique characters and personalities. As a facilitator, you need to humbly work with their unique personalities especially during the stressful time of preparation before the wedding. It is very rewearding to see their big smile on their faces as the happy couple enjoying the biggest day of their life.

2 Comments:

  • Lady in Red? You look very nice Debbie. Good to see you have a blog too! J & J

    By Blogger Jason & Janelle Shives, at 4:08 PM  

  • Welcome to the blogging world! I am going to link to you on my website. Is that ok?

    By Blogger Tim, at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home